Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Professional Photography Makes a HUGE Difference!

I've done my fair share of research online, trying to find the best tips for taking nice pictures of my cakes. Those tips have definitely helped my pictures improve (things like having a nice backdrop, natural lighting, interesting angles, etc.). However, I have to say that professional photographs really make a huge difference.

My talented photographer friend Rebecca attended the party where these cakes were served, and I'm so grateful she shared her photos with me. I LOVE how clean and bright the cakes look in these pictures.
 

I love this sign that Aubree's mom made. Isn't it cute?!


I created polka dots inside the cake by first baking some cake balls and then baking them into the cake layers. I'm so glad Rebecca got a picture of the cake after it was cut.

 
Just to give you some perspective, here's one of the pictures I tried to take of my cake:


So, yeah. The colors look off and the whole photo is grainy. Something about it just isn't as fun, either.

If you're working on creating a cake portfolio, try hiring a professional photographer.
You really will see a difference.

Rebecca Fedele is a Family Photographer who also specializes in Birth Photography.
She is based in Illinois.






3 comments: